Thank you for your interest in Housing and Dining’s summer positions! Open interviews will be Monday, March 28, 2022 through Friday, April 8, 2022. To sign-up, please click here. Open interview days allow students to interview without needing to fill out an application first. If a student is determined to be a good fit for the position, then application materials are filled out and returned to H&D by early May. Please read the job description thoroughly prior to your interview!
During the summer, Housing and Dining helps welcome a number of visitors to campus through our Summer and Conference Housing. Summer Conference Assistants (SCA’s) serve as the primary customer service staff for Housing and Dining’s Summer and Conference Housing operations and assist in servicing the needs of summer guests who are residing and/or dining on Rice’s campus. Good applicants for these positions are students who are motivated, hard workers with a great team attitude. This job includes free room and board for the summer and provides students with a great opportunity to share their love for Rice with others.
Benefits of working for H&D:
- Free room during Summer Housing
- Free meals in the servery when it is open (June and July)
- Flexible hours which allow for a second job or research position
- First choice at paid positions with H&D during Fall/Spring ($10.50/hour)
- Resume Builder
- Professional Development Training
For more information about our positions, please click the links below:
- Summer Positions – Full Job Description
- Summer Positions – Individual Position Descriptions
- 2022 SCA Application Form (Not required for Open Interview Days)
- Recommendation Form (Not required for Open Interview Days)